Seeking interested candidates for a future with the WTFD……
The Washington Township Fire Department will be accepting applications for the purpose of creating a hiring list for the position of Probationary Firefighter. This list will be valid for a period of two (2) years upon the final completion of all testing phases and passage of Fire District Resolution.
Candidates must meet the requirements specified under N.J.S.A. 40A:14- 81.2, and must meet and be able to perform all duties described in the Job Description & Essential Functions located under the apply button above.
Copies of certifications and training documents must be available for review by the fire district upon request.
This posting is made with the intent of compliance in accordance with the CBA of IAFF Local 4204 Article XXVIII.
Questions may be directed to the District Fire Chief at 863-4019.
Anticipated physical assessment and written exam tentatively scheduled for October 28th, 2023.**This date is subject to change. All approved applicants will be notified by email.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR PROBATIONARY FIREFIGHTER
- Must meet all Requirements of N.J.S.A. 40A:14-81.2
- Applicant must be at least twenty (20) years of age and must be eligible to be hired on or before their 35th birthday.
- Applicants must become a permanent resident of the State of New Jersey upon appointment.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must possess a high school diploma or acceptable GED equivalency diploma.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently.
- Applicants must be of good moral character, having never been convicted of a crime.
- Applicant must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
- Must be Firefighter I Certified with the New Jersey Division of Fire Safety.
- Must have Hazardous Materials Operations.
- Must be certified in CPR at the Health Care Provider Level.
- Applicant must obtain a valid Fire Inspector Certification issued by the New Jersey Division of Fire Safety within 18 months of appointment.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years active firefighting experience in an organized municipal fire department involving fire suppression, hazardous materials and other public safety emergencies .
- Applicant must complete and pass a written and I or practical examination, pass a physical agility examination, and participate in a firefighter interview review panel.
Click the following link to start the process: